URFACE AREA AND VOLUME TEST PAPER
1. The volume of a right circular cylinder is 1200 cm3. If the diameter of the base of a right circular cylinderis 8 cm, what will be its height?
2. A metallic cylindrical tube has thickness 1 cm and outer radius is 10 cm. Find the mass of such a 2 metre long tube, if the density of the metal is 3.5 g/cm3.
3. If the lateral surface area of a cylinder of height 7 cm is 90.5 cm2. Find the volume of the
4. The height and slant height of a cone are 15 cm and 20 cm respectively. Find the volume of the cone.
5. A right triangle PQR with its sides 6 cm, 8 cm and 10 cm is shown in the figure. If the given triangle is revolved about the side 6 cm, find the volume of the solid so obtained.
6. A metallic solid cone is melted and cast into the form of a circular cylinder of the same base as that of the cone. If the height of the cylinder is 5 cm, what was the height of the cone?
7. The capacity of a hemispherical tank is 10,000 cm3. Find its radius.
8. A metallic wire 25 m long with diameter 1 mm is melted to form a sphere. Find the volume of the sphere.
9. A hemispherical bowl of steel is of thickness 0.5 cm. If the inner radius of bowl is 5 cm, find the volume of the steel used in making the bowl.
10. The diameter of a metallic ball is 3.2 cm. What is the mass of the ball, if the density of the metal is 6.7gper cm3?